Friday, March 28, 2008

Feast of the Goat 1


I know! I know! I am a bad person, is Friday and I just going to post the first part of Feast of the Goat.


I am going to start with the comparisons with the rest of the books; with The General in his labyrinth, I will say that the genre is very important in both books. Even if The President has a lot of influence in the women roll, here its different because is only one woman it seems that she has more influence that anyone else in this book. With I this supreme I will say that both books are very different; in the style, the density of each book, in I the Supreme, the story is around two characters, but here there are three different stories with more characters. Instead of that, the figure of the dictator in both books is very similar. Why? There is like a paranoia in both dictators, rudeness and fear about against everything.


In the comparison with Facundo I wan to write a little bit more; My wikipedia project is about Facundo, so I am reading a lot of this book. In the chapter XIV, there is a phrase that can exemplify the behavior of both dictators: “If you are not with me, you are against me”. This is the synthesis of all the Trujillo’s reactions.

No comments: